Monday 6 October 2014

Moment woman set on fire by jealous wife unveils face after 2 years of wearing mask


On February 16, 2012, Dana Vulin, 28, was doused with methylated spirits and set on fire in her own home by a woman who was jealous of her beauty and feared she was having an affair with her husband. Dana suffered 3 degrees burn to her body and has been wearing facemask for  two and half years. But after 30 months of agonising reconstructive surgery and more than 30 procedures, unveiled her new face on Sunday Oct. 5. 

'Ms Vulin was on her sofa at home in Perth, Western Australia on February 16, 2001, when a woman's voice said:

'Hello, Dana. Natalie Dimitrovska, the jealous estranged wife of a man named Edin who Ms Vulin had met at a New Year’s Eve party, stood before her. Dimitrovska hurled a bottle of methylated spirits over Ms Vulin, a convicted drug user, while she was reportedly holding a lamp used for smoking crystal meth.
'I was pretty much instantly on fire, a weeping Ms Vulin told Western Australia's District Court. 'I was a human fireball, The moment I was on fire, [Dimitrovska and a male accomplice] just laughed and ran out of my apartment,' she added. 
Since coming out of a coma, Dana has suffered agonising pain from her burns and has been forced to wear the pressure suit and mask between countless operations. 

'I've been faceless and it makes you feel like a nothing and a no one. I know who I am, but I'm beige. I don't have any expressions on my face, you can’t see my mouth, you can’t see my nose, you can literally only see my eyeballs, not my eyebrows. It makes me feel like a faceless nothing, that’s the best way to describe it. I respect the s**t out of this mask, and I appreciate it, but I also hate its guts. Without it I couldn't be where I am right now, but if I had a choice I'd rather endure physical pain than wear this mask'" she said.
Her attacker, Dimitrovska was jailed for 17 years on On October 11 2013.

Dana strutted down the catwalk at the West Australian Ballet Centre on Sunday to unveil the beginning of the rest of her life.













No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...