Friday 25 July 2014

10 Popular Songs That Are Actually Female Empowerment Anthems


Today's music industry is filled with plenty of powerful woman, so it's no surprise their music is just as empowered. Some of them identify as feminists, others do not, but the common thread is their music inspires us.

1. "Run the World (Girls)" by Beyoncé

One, because it's Queen Bey, living proof that a woman can run the world. Two, because she says, "Strong enough to bear the children, then get back to business." Owned.

2. "I Love It" by Icona POP featuring Charli XCX

 The core of feminism, after all, is owning the right to like what you like and do what you want to do — and not needing to apologize for it. And so we say, "I don't care, I love it."

3. "So What" by Pink 

Pink is badass no matter what she does, but in this song she's all about her independence. "I'm gonna show you tonight. I'm alright. I'm just fine. And you're a tool. So, so what." Burn.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...